PII, as used in US privacy law and information security, is information, such as a name or mailing address, that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
- Access and use this website.
- Register for an account.
- Place an order, with or without an account.
- Sign up for our newsletter.
- Sign up for our marketing programs or promotions.
Information We Collect & How It's Used
Performing any of the following actions on the website may require you to enter personal information:
- Register for an account
- Place an order
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Fill out any form fields
You may be asked to provide some or all of the following information depending on the action:
- Your Name
- Email Address
- Billing & Shipping Addresses
- Phone Number
- Credit Card Number
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To process orders or transactions
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our Website, including our marketing and advertising efforts
- To improve customer service
- To administer contests, promotions, or a survey or other site features
- To send both transactional and marketing email messages
By creating an account, placing an order, or by providing your email address anywhere on the site, you are opting in to receive communications from Big Sky Botanicals. These communications include but are not limited to, information about your account, orders, marketing messages, and newsletters.
If you wish to modify your communication preferences, you may do so at any time by visiting the communication preferences page in your account or by clicking unsubscribe links provided in marketing emails we send.
Automatically Collected Information & How It's Used
As you use the Website, certain information may also be passively collected. Through cookies, pixels, beacons, log files, and other technologies, we may collect information about how you use the Website.
Cookies are used to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience, so that information you receive is more relevant. Cookies are used for items such as keeping track of products in your shopping cart and monitoring how users navigate through the site.
A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser or mobile device by websites, mobile apps, and advertisements that you access or use. This “cookie” is stored on your computer or mobile device and helps websites and mobile apps to remember things about you to improve your experience with the website. Our vendors may then connect the information that they collect from our website using “cookies” to other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for the purpose of sending you direct mail promotions.
To opt-out of receiving our direct mail, you may send us an email at info@bigskybotanicals or call us at (406) 219-1025. We will honor those requests, but please understand that it may take 14 days for such mailings to end.
Accessing & Managing Your Data
For users that register for an account on our website, we store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Users can see and edit their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Complete credit card data entered by the user is passed directly to our credit card processor via PCI SAQ-A compliant technologies. This raw information is never stored on our web server and cannot be seen or accessed by our administrators.
As a user, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you wish to delete your account, you may do so at any time by sending us a message via the contact form.
How we protect your data
Big Sky Botanicals takes security very seriously. We strive to protect your data by employing current security practices including but not limited to:
- Requiring the use of secure passwords for all user accounts created on the website.
- Transmitting data using a secure, encrypted connection over SSL.
- Choosing a website host that employs and maintains current security practices. (Kinsta)
- Utilizing PCI SAQ-A Compliant credit card processing technology.
Procedures in Case of a Data Breach
In the event of a data breach, Big Sky Botanicals will work quickly to do the following:
- Identify the security issues that led to the breach.
- If necessary, identify the impacted parties immediately.
- Resolve the security issue and make any necessary changes to prevent future breaches.
- Notify the impacted parties and provide details about the security fixes and any next steps.